Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 9 ~ July 8 ~Sunday~ Tears

Naverette to Najera, 12 miles, (15 miles), 9 hours

Woke up tired!! The room was hot and noisy. 30 people in one small room, Ugh Started with no cafe con leche or tortilla because it was Sunday. After about 1.5 miles I noticed a young man with music (iPod) and thought about the phone. It was then that I realized that the phone was still under my pillow at the albergue!! We high stepped back ran up 3 flights and there it was, right where I left it. I felt so bad that I had adde 3 miles to our day, but relieved to have it back.

The rest of the day was a blur. I remember lots of grape vines, beautiful churches and cemeteries . I only took one picture of a small rock shelter that I need to find what they are for. As we arrived in the heat of the afternoon I was almost in tears as we couldn't find a place to stay. Doug was very worried that I was having a melt down and was trying very hard to help. The room we found at the hostel was 60 €, all to ourselves, with 9 beds. What a good guy Doug is! God provides.

3 comments:

  1. Love you two!! Keep up the hard work. I'm so proud of both of you. Take Care!! Looks like an adventure for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "When thou goest, thy way shall be opened up before thee step by step." Prov. 4:12

    "...the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth neither faints nor is weary. There is no searching of His understanding. He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength....those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." Is.40: 28-31

    ReplyDelete