Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 4 ~ July 3rd~ Getting Hotter

Pamplona to Obanos, 13.5 miles, 8 hours

Left Pamplona in the cool of the morning, a city of beautiful architecture and tree lined avenues. More about Pamplona later.

Our path took us out of the city through sunflower fields. The fields remind us of Tuscany. Up, up and more up to a ridge lined with huge windmills. At the top was a "monument to the peregrino" that made us think of Papa Don's steel sculptures. We welcomed the wind at the top as it was getting hotter by the minute! Looking down into the upcoming valley was fields and vineyards. Boy was it a long way down!

As we wound our way down it was getting hotter and hotter. Looking back to the windmills I was amazed at how far we had come. We did have to stop a town earlier than we wanted because I was having a hard time with the heat. I think at one point Doug was very concerned that I would drop right there.

No chance! Pressing on!!

3 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!! I sure hope Tony and I get to do this someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful expanse of flowers, with great buildings. Must be amazing to be there. Took a while for me to get to your blog. Love hearing about what you are doing and experiencing. Miss you two.

    ReplyDelete