Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 18 ~ July 17 ~ watching the sun (flowers and rise)

Villar de Mazarife to Villares de Orbigo, 10.6 miles, 6 hours.

Got up at 5:30 so that we could walk in the cool of the morning. As we walked I became more fascinated with the watering systems and canals. They flood the fields each morning by blocking and unblocking the ditches. Stopped by 12:30pm, big difference getting to choose our beds, take a shower, eat, hand wash clothes and take a nap all before 4pm, small pleasures.

Doug wanted me to post a picture of our pilgrim credentials that allow us to stay in the albergues and that proves we walked the camino so that we will get the Compestella at the end. Today the cost was 6€ per bed. We get the stamps (sellos) at the albergues, cafes, and churches along the way.

I want to thank everyone for the comments, encouraging words, prayers and bible verses. It means the world to us. I have asked Doug numerous times to write something, as most know when he went to Zambia he wrote to keep the church and me updated. He writes wonderfully, but he says that this is my thing. Though he is not too worried about being my editor!!

Love to all!! This would be much harder if we didn't have the home support.

6 comments:

  1. wow, this is just SO wonderful!!! this has become a favorite part of the day...reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Doug can keep the updates on your next journey. Met N\Matt last weekend, seems very nice. When I left your place was looking nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sun flowers! Love that you are figuring out the little pleasures and ways to make the travel easier! Jaxon especially loves the photos with the water. =) Would love to hear good-old-Uncle-Doug's take on things too sometime.

    Much love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Doug and Jamie!

    I just now read through your blog thus far and all I can say is, "Wow!" What an adventure that you are having! I am so glad that you can spend this time together. It sounds like you are having a great time. I love the photos that you have posted. I especially love the sunflowers. I always think they are such cheery flowers. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi you two! I just got caught up again...and I'm tired! hahaha. What wonderful pictures and writing. I'm loving the sunflowers. Mine mildewed because of all our rain. You would be surprised with how much thunder & lightening we have had. Maybe that sounds refreshing? Keep up the writings. Take Care! Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Guys. We have been following along and enjoy seeing your progress. wishing you well. Greg and Trish

    ReplyDelete