Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 29~ July 28~ Leg gears

Mercadoiro to Ventas de Naron, 11,4 miles, 7 hours.

Cold and windy walk today. We crossed a big bridge across a river that made me think of the different speeds that my legs have.

So, along the way we have found that the longer the day the less gears I have. In the morning the gears may consist of meandering, slow and stop. In the case of crossing a road, I may pull out a scurrying gear. As we were crossing the bridge Doug saw a third gear which was quicker than he has seen in weeks. Towards the end of the day i have only slow and stop. We needed to cross a busy highway, on/off ramps and I tried my scurrying gear. Boy were my arms just a going, my legs did not cooperate. The more I kept trying the slower my legs were and the faster the arms went. Made us laugh once we finally made it across.

At the end of the day we had only 77km left to Santiago. At least that is what the sign says. The signs don't always tell you the whole story!

No comments:

Post a Comment