Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 26 ~ July 25~

O'Cebreiro to Triacastela, 13.2 miles, 8 hours.

What comes up must come down! We spent the day losing elevation through more cows and pastures.

This day was very hard for me. The last 3 miles I think Doug was very concerned about me making it to town. I just felt mentally and physically weak. For some reason going down is one of the movements that make my right leg more weak.

I can't say enough about how wonderful the countryside is and beautiful, but how difficult this journey has been. Today I missed english speaking people, American food, my bed, my family, my friends, church, pretty much a pity party going on in my head.

Doug was a rock. The first alburgue we came to was completo "full" the 2nd had a room w/bath that was away from others that was heaven sent. We ate tapas by 4:30 and was in bed by 5 watching tv. It was nice not talking to anyone other than Doug.

Song that stuck in my head as I was going to sleep. "All Who are Thirsty"

"All who are thirsty
All who are weak
Come to the fountain
Dip your heart in the stream of life
Let the pain and the sorrow
Be washed away
In the waves of His mercy
As deep cries out to deep (we sing)

Come Lord Jesus come

Holy Spirit come

As deep cries out to deep"

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jamie, Sensory overload Is normal. Vonnie could probably tell you about that. Got a message from Ryan. Still alive and well...a new love in his life. Said they would be up here sometime. Love ya!! Mom just sai to tell you she loves you.....I'm assuming Doug too!

    ReplyDelete