Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 7 ~ July 6 ~ Kindness of strangers

Los Arcos to Viana, 12 miles, 7 hours.

Today was the first day that I woke up hurting. My feet are "killing me"! I have at least 3 blisters on each foot and my feet feel stressed. The day was not long and the elevation gain/loss not great but I struggled. One of our Austrian friends, Martin, has said that Doug has elephant feet because he doesn't have any blisters though Doug says that his feet are very tired.

One of the things that has continually amazed me is the kindness of people. At the beginning of the week we watched a man carry a young girl's huge pack for 8 hours because she hurt so bad. Martin & a young lady were in so much pain 3 days ago that (Jean Luc) from Madagascar who was a massage therapist gave massages to help their pain. Today we passed a young lady from Finland that had lost her gold earring in the road, she was being helped by 3 older ladies from Switzerland to look for it.

And late this afternoon a quiet man (Dave) from Ireland gave me his walking pole because he said that I needed it more than him! I don't know if we will see him again as he was walking to the next town, but he didn't seemed concerned if I got it back to him. The walking pole saved me for the last 2.5 miles!

I am always amazed by who God places in our lives. The picture was taken mid day while Doug was able to explore. We think that these are shelters for shepherds. Buen camino

1 comment: