Saturday, July 21, 2012

Day 21 ~ July 20 ~ La Cruz de Ferro

Rabanal del Camino to Acebo, 10.7 miles, 8 hours

This morning I ordered coffee for 2, oj for 1 and toast for 1. Still not totally good at understanding the response yet so we go 2 huge portions of toast. I tried to give it to some other pilgrims that had coffee, but it seem that my Spanish and their English were equally bad. Boy the confusion I caused by trying to give away toast - the whole albergue was in an uproar! :-)

The day was hard with a lot of steep ups and downs. At the top of the Hill was the cross that pilgrims put rocks from home or ones that have been picked up along the way. We brought 2 small agates from our Whidbey beach, had a quiet moment and then placed them on the pile. As you look at some of the rocks and messages to loved ones, it grabs my heart how many prayers and thoughts have been said in this one place along the camino.

Almost straight down hill to Acebo (ouch) for another wonderful dinner with two young men from Copenhagen. They reminded me of Ryan. Fond remembrances of family and home half way around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment